If your mother was a June bride fifty years ago, maybe you are planning a celebration to honor her and your father for their long lives together. Do you have everything planned already? If you are still in the planning stages, perhaps you are looking for some ideas of what will be served at the big event. Since a fiftieth wedding anniversary party will be a large one, does that mean that you'll be hosting it at a banquet hall? In addition maybe you have decided to arrange for banquet hall catering. After all, even if you love to cook and bake, it would be a huge endeavor to prepare a special feast for that large of a group.
Contact Banquet Hall Catering Services early
Imagine how fast the months have flown by since last June. Now, June is just a few weeks away. If you haven't already reserved a banquet hall for your parent's party, do that as soon as possible. You'll be wanting to send invitations three weeks before the celebration. Obviously, you'll need to provide the location of where the party will be held. When you talk to an agent at the banquet hall catering business, determine one or two people who you can always reach with questions, concerns, and suggestions. That person will want to know the exact time and date of the event. In addition, you'll need to provide the number of guests who will be attending the party.
Plan the Meal for the Anniversary Party
Determine whether you want an elegant sit-down dinner where you will be served by the caterers, or whether you want a more casual event where people can serve themselves at a buffet table.
- For a more formal dinner, consider petite filet mignon and baked chicken for the two main choices
- Scalloped potatoes, glazed carrots, small croissants, and a fruit salad would be among many good side choices
- For a casual buffet-style meal, think of having different barbecued meats for the main part of the meal
- Traditional sides like potato salad, baked beans, creamed corn, Cole slaw and corn bread would be perfect for a barbecue-style meal
- Whether you go with a formal meal or with a casual one, serve wedding cake for the dessert and don't forget the bubbly to toast with
Besides knowing that everyone will enjoy a delicious meal, having banquet hall catering services will also mean that you won't have to worry about setting up or cleaning up. That will just mean you'll have time to celebrate with your mother and father, and with all the guests.